(Tickets, Corporate ID's, Bonds, Contracts, Etc.)
(ID's, Passports, Licenses, Etc.)
Hollywood Beach Marriott
Information Management Institute, Inc.
Rapid advancements in all aspects of security printing and security features plus the international focus on all aspects of security in today's world have created a strong demand for physical, document and identification security. Advancements in digital printing and security features options, while spawning new modalities and efficiencies for security printing, have also enabled counterfeiters as well as legitimate issuers. From brand protection and secure access to ID's, tickets, travel documents, etc. - physical and digitally printed security images, features and data are converging in ways never before imagined. This convergence of once separate technologies is creating both challenges and market opportunities for effective integration of digital printing with physical security devices in a wide range of market specific applications.
And the challenges of today's economy have made it all the more important to prevent the economic losses associated with counterfeited products, documents, ID's, etc. The ability to avoid losses, to identify fraudulent products/documents and to recover losses are all activities for which companies and agencies are willing to invest in to increase their sales, profits and ROI's. Thus, all end users and security technology providers need to be identifying new solutions, establishing new contacts and pursuing options to improve their sales and profitability.
IMI's 11th Annual Security Printing Conference addresses the challenges and opportunities of dealing with security issues and enabling brand protection for products and the production of secure documents for a wide variety of applications including business documents, ID's, currency, gaming/event tickets, travel documents, etc. Industry experts will address digital printing technologies' capabilities and shortcomings relative to printing secure output and the technology options available to enhance the production of secure documents, packaging and products of all types.
The conference program provides a critical assessment of forensic analysis requirements, enhanced ink and media systems, document traceability technologies, software solutions and other potential avenues to enhance product and document security.
This unique annual conference is designed to educate and inform industry leaders and technologists at all levels in the supply chain of security printing of the difficulties and business opportunities for combining digital and physical security printing on an application specific basis. If your business or products' future is dependent on finding effective ways to utilize physical features and digital security printing, or finding cost effective methods to stay ahead of counterfeiting, tampering and forgery, you will benefit from attending this conference.
Don't miss this opportunity for digital printing technologists, security agency personnel, security organizations, hardware vendors, consumables suppliers, converters, component/software suppliers and end users to communicate and address the urgent issue of product and document security.
Benefits of Conference Attendance
- Participate in the only 2014 program dedicated entirely to Security Printing and Brand Protection issues/technology options
- Establish personal contacts with leading experts in digital printing and security printing organizations
- Participate in interactive sessions and informal discussions on topics critical to development and implementation of digital printing systems with improved security features
- Obtain information on how improved security printing system implementations can provide business opportunities for hardware, software and supplies manufacturers
- Learn about the latest digital printing technology developments and innovations being utilized and proposed to enhance brand protection and printed document security
- Have a complimentary display to inform the industry of your products and services
- Give a five minute presentation during the popular Suppliers' Forum
11th Annual Security Printing Conference
November 19-21, 2014
Hollywood Beach Marriott
Hollywood (Ft. Lauderdale), Florida
Tentative Program Coverage and Schedule
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
11:00 a.m. Conference Registration
1:30 p.m. Opening Session - Security Printing - Why Are We Interested?
Welcome & Introductions
Alvin G. Keene, President, Information Management Institute, Inc., Carrabassett Valley, Maine
- Security Printing Industry Overview & Development
- Security Printing's Role in Brand Protection, ID's, Access Control, Commercial & Government Documents and Currency
- Digital Printing Technologies Impact on Brand Protection & Document Security
- What are the Fraud Costs & Who Pays?
- Can Security Printing Improvements be Cost Justified?
- How Do We Obtain Brand Protection & Printed Document Security?
- Role of Government, Trade Groups & Organizations in Security Printing
SUPPLIERS' FORUM: 5-Minute Presentations Related To Technology, Capabilities, Services, New Product Introductions, etc. In combination with having a display, this provides an opportunity to present your technology, products or services to all conference participants. Contact Al Keene at IMI firstname.lastname@example.org for information on having a display and signing up for the Suppliers' Forum.
6:00 p.m. Reception in Display Area
Thursday, November 20, 2014
8:30 a.m. Session 2 - Security Printing Issues & Options
- Printed Vs. Electronic Security Methods
- Security Levels & Available Technology Options
- Remote Detection & Validation
- Determining Effectiveness of Brand Protection & Security Printing Practices
- Drivers, Barriers & Incentives for Brand Protection & Secure Documents
12:00 Noon Luncheon
1:30 p.m. Session 3 - Forensic Analysis Tools, Techniques & Needs
- Tracking & Identifying Counterfeit Products & Documents
- Forensic Tools & Procedures for Identifying Counterfeit Products & Documents
- Forensic Issues For Ink Jet, Thermal, Laser, Etc. Technologies
- Use Of Comparative Databases For Forensic Analysis
- Development Of Investigative Leads & Evidence
6:00 p.m. Reception in Display Area
Friday, November 21, 2014
8:30 a.m. Session 4 - Do New Security Printing Techniques Offer Economically Viable Solutions?
- Security Printing Inks, Additives, Laminates, Features & Media
- Ink Jet, Thermal, Electrophotographic & other Technology Developments
- Photopolymer 3D Holograms & Variable Holographic Printing
- What Can Nanotechnology Developments Offer?
- Integration of Electronic & Other Novel Security Features With Printing
- Software Solutions for Brand Protection & Document Security
- Others - What Does The Future Hold?
1:00 p.m. Adjournment
Download the PDF version of this program
Download the IMI 11th Security Printing Conference Flyer
IMI Conferences in November 2014
25th Annual Thermal Printing Conference
November 17 - 19, 2014
11th Annual Security Printing Conference
November 19 - 21, 2014
IMI Completed Conferences on this Subject
10th Annual Security Printing Conference
November 20-22, 2013
9th Annual Security Printing Conference
November 14-16, 2012
8th Annual Security Printing Conference
November 16-18, 2011
A Complete Listing of IMI Completed Programs
Speaking Opportunities at IMI Conferences
If you have a potential topic for presentation at this or another IMI conference, please submit your proposed presentation topic and a brief outline to Al Keene at IMI (Email to email@example.com or fax to +1-207-235-2226) for review.
IMI is always looking for potential speakers for upcoming conference programs and will be pleased to discuss your ideas for potential presentation topics.
Complimentary Product Demonstrations & Displays
Security printing and product demonstrations/displays by both conference speakers and registrants are encouraged. IMI will cooperate with all interested parties to provide appropriate space so products can be displayed and demonstrated during the conference breaks and receptions. Contact Al Keene firstname.lastname@example.org for details on reserving a display space. There is no charge in addition to the regular conference registration fee to have a display space.
WORLDWIDE PRINTER AND SUPPLIES MARKET REPORT
TO BE PROVIDED TO ALL CONFERENCE REGISTRANTS
Information Management Institute, Inc. is pleased to announce that it has commissioned I T Strategies of Hanover, Massachusetts to prepare a confidential study report entitled "Worldwide Digital Printing Market Report" for distribution to all registrants to IMI's programs.
This exclusive market report is updated on an ongoing basis and provides a source of market information based on a consistent methodology and reporting structure. The report authors, I T Strategies, generate this report from their worldwide model of the printer industry.
All registrants to the 11th Annual Security Printing Conference on November 19-21, 2014 will receive a complimentary copy of the latest edition of the "Worldwide Digital Printing Market Report."
Information Management Institute
Information Management Institute, Inc. is a leading worldwide sponsor of conferences designed to assist the digital printing industry in understanding technology developments, markets and applications requirements. IMI conferences offer a unique opportunity for leading hardware, consumables, software and user companies representatives to network and develop a more comprehensive understanding of current as well as future developments in the digital printing industry. Since 1990, IMI has held over 400 programs and each year over 2,000 technical, marketing and management personnel from over 600 companies worldwide attend IMI programs.
IMI conference programs are designed to enable attendees to obtain the latest technical, market and application information while allowing time to network with other attendees in a time and cost efficient manner. Attendance at an IMI conference enables attendees to meet with the digital printing industry's leading experts in a single location over a short period of time thus maximizing information transfer efficiency and minimizing travel and time expenses.
For further details, contact Information Management Institute:
PAST CONFERENCE CD
- The CD for this completed program, containing handout materials from all speakers; handout materials from companies giving Suppliers' Forum presentations; plus a registration list with names, addresses, phone numbers and emails may be purchased for:
- $400 US including shipping by Federal Express
Note: $50 Shipping Fee automatically added to non-US, Completed Program orders only. Appears as $50 Shipping charge in the Shopping Cart
- submit the order form now and follow with your payment by mail. Or
- print the Mail-In Order Form , use the comments section to note the name of the program you want, and mail or fax it to: Information Management Institute, Inc., 1106 Valley Crossing, Carrabassett Valley, ME 04947 Fax: 207-235-2226. Or
- or call 207-235-2225 to place your order.
To order a 11th Annual Security Printing Conference CD online, please fill in the blanks, then select the "Send to IMI " button.
All checks should be in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank and made payable to Information Management Institute, Inc. An invoice with bank transfer details for IMI's U.S. or European bank account will be provided upon request.
Return to Information Management Institute Master Schedule